When I have dreams that frighten me, I don't normally consider them nightmares. Why? Because most of the time, I know I'm dreaming. Like the time I encountered the Black Man, or had my legs chopped off by the rudder of a great ship... I was fearful, but not so scared out of my wits that I didn't know how to respond to the situation.
I had a nightmare last night though.
I succumbed to cannibalism. It wasn't due to a dire situation, it was a choice. I had murdered a small child, processed its body and ate it. I don't remember the act of murder. I do remember processing the body, and I remember the taste of the flesh, the texture in my mouth the thought running through my head, that I didn't want this. It fucking freaked me out to taste flesh, I haven't eaten meat in over two years! I wretched in my dream. I wasn't doing this voluntarily, but I was still putting the fork to my mouth, opening, chewing, swallowing. I was disgusted with myself. Wondering how I was going to hide murder, that I would forever live in regret, in absolute horror of what I had done. Regret that I had made the wrong choice.
What does it represent?
I think it's a warning of destruction of a part of myself.
I am admittedly resisting what I think is my calling. The funny fucking thing is, I don't know exactly what my calling is. I have ideas, but I fearfully turn my eye from them. I tell myself I've made it up, it isn't real - or I'm just going fucking crazy.
I know better than this!
I recently went to a discussion group hosted and lead by a famous shamaness and the topic was turning your fears into an ally. It came in such a timely manner, there were things I really needed to hear. How can I fear what I've wanted? I'm afraid of what it could bring, if I faced it and accepted it. I would be afraid of failure.
Resistance is futile, and in the long run, as my dream told me, would be a very bad, bad decision.
Man, this is serious stuff. It reminds me of this *dream* I had that was pretty intense but nothing compared to this. On another note, I love how you express yourself, lol. F-bombs away!
ReplyDeleteHeh. It was very intense. I'm just glad that I knew exactly what it meant upon waking!
ReplyDeleteIndeed. One of the worse things is having dreams like that and not knowing what to make of them aside from the fact that some weird shit is going on.
ReplyDelete