As I rode my bike down the paved trail, (ass hurting because I haven't been on the bike in a while) I habitually glanced at the gravel shoulder as I sped by. I'm usually on the look out for either critters, or interesting plants to identify. There I found the little brown body of a song sparrow. I knew that I could NOT leave this one behind (this bird being so dear to my heart), even though I had no proper sanitary way of taking him home. He was fairly fresh feeling, limp and in wonderful condition, so I pocketed him in my vest and went home.
I gave him offerings, water, seed and incense. With the aid of Hekate, released him. I took his wings, feet and head and buried his body along with offerings in the place where I will soon be planting my poisons. His head is now macerating, the water will make all of my plants very happy indeed.
I was really worried about doing this, and doing it wrong somehow. I've never actually done that before. But I knew that if I didn't do it, I would feel waaay fucking worse than making a mistake and doing it all awkwardly. I have a tendency to balk at work such as this because I'm horribly afraid of, "UR DOIN' IT WRONG". I cant keep waiting and sitting on this shit. I'm really glad I did it, and I know that he was too.
don't you wish we could live back in the old school days when Ekati had temples raised and festivals in the open :(
ReplyDeleteIf only this hoodie were a time hoodie !
lol