Look what I got in the mail today!

I'm in the midst of giving cartomancy a good faith effort. I haven't delved too much into any form of divination, except for the odd tea leaf reading, dream work and just everyday omens and signs. I have been working with a tarot deck (for a few years, but not seriously), but I wanted to give old fashioned playing cards a go. The NWW Guide to Cartomancy got my wheels spinning, as well as directing me to this lovely deck by Corina Dross!

My datura is growing so damn fast, its almost frightening. I know that this plant can be quite mischievous, dangerous and abusive by just being around it, so I have been extra respectful and careful while handling. The interesting thing is, it seems to almost demand attention and is luring me in with its gloriously green and fuzzy foliage. And this little guy gets my attention, as you can see. Also, that picture was taken about a week ago, and its grown a LOT more since!
Being a novice gardener, I jumped the gun thinking I would be able to grow a crap load of veggies (in many varieties) and a crap load of herbs. I don't know if my baby green thumb ass can handle that much to start, so I've decided to give the herbs and poison plants priority over the veg. As I am in a financially secure position right now, the veg would be nice, but it isn't necessary for my survival. I will be going forward with the pepper, tomatoes and eggplants. Probably lettuce and an ornamental melon called a plum granny - that was apparently used in the Victorian era to perfume under petticoats, in purses and other places. There will also be lots of bee and hummingbird flowers. Melissa officinalis is popping back up next to the raspberries, my favorite!
I'm looking forward to stang hunting once the full moon comes around, which is soon. I have hazel in mind. It grows all over and it is a tree that has always managed to capture my attention, and not to mention all the magical attributes it carries.
A storm is about to rumble through and sleep is calling to me.
Being a novice gardener, I jumped the gun thinking I would be able to grow a crap load of veggies (in many varieties) and a crap load of herbs. I don't know if my baby green thumb ass can handle that much to start, so I've decided to give the herbs and poison plants priority over the veg. As I am in a financially secure position right now, the veg would be nice, but it isn't necessary for my survival. I will be going forward with the pepper, tomatoes and eggplants. Probably lettuce and an ornamental melon called a plum granny - that was apparently used in the Victorian era to perfume under petticoats, in purses and other places. There will also be lots of bee and hummingbird flowers. Melissa officinalis is popping back up next to the raspberries, my favorite!
I'm looking forward to stang hunting once the full moon comes around, which is soon. I have hazel in mind. It grows all over and it is a tree that has always managed to capture my attention, and not to mention all the magical attributes it carries.
A storm is about to rumble through and sleep is calling to me.

That is a beautiful deck, I wish you lots of luck with both the cartomancy and the gardening ^_^
ReplyDeleteIvy on the Path
What an awesome deck!
ReplyDeleteI started out with cartomancy and I still use it as my prime method of divination. I use the same battered mini deck I started with. I should really treat myself to another...
Best of luck working with Datura Spirit. IME, it is indeed a very demandaing spirit. I mistook it for mean, but I think for the most part it does not comprehend how frightening it can be. It does have the reputation in various cultures, though, of being a sort of leech on those who dedicate themselves to it--kind of like those possessive spouses I read about in the paper. However, I continue to grow it every year. I have found that it is perfectly capable of communicating with a person without any physical contact whatsoever.
ReplyDelete