Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Ouch,

I've had a ache in my right butt cheek, lower hip on my backside, for about a week now. I'm pretty sure it's muscular, I fucking hope so. I don't have health insurance and x-rays aren't cheap. I've been rubbing it out each night by balancing my weigh over my bum, and rocking back and forth on the floor, seems to kind of work out the knot that is there.

I am likely to be sore all over tomorrow. I had to move a pretty fucking large pile of wood, that my totally awesome landlord left just sitting in the middle of my yard. He came by unannounced about a month ago to hack away at the Alder in the backyard. Yes, parts of the tree were dead and needed to be trimmed, but, a warning would have been nice and knocking out the live and active winter squirrel nest was totally unfuckingcalled for. It made me so angry. I watched that squirrel every damn day, fixing it's nest, rising in the morning, eating the noms I left out for em. He also left two huge piles of branches just hanging out. I cant complain about them too much though, as it has been providing shelter for the birds over winter, they love hanging out in there.

Wood pile moved, and neatly stacked along the house. Ground raked and twigs moved. The drit looks good and is filled with worms. Making way for the garden! I've got grow lights on order and have the whole month of February to get my shit together. Doing two raised beds, lots of containers, and the shabby dirt hill that we have will be used for witchy herbs, poisons will be in containers on the deck. I hope to get some mandrake going! Need to figure out what I want crawling on the back fence, I really don't like seeing my neighbors. Especially when they're piss drunk and projectile vomiting with a cigarette in their hands, proceed to wipe the sick from their face and then settle back down to have their smoke. UGH.

I am probably totally over doing it for my first time gardening, going deep-end first, lets hope my ass can swim!

2 comments:

  1. I feel your landlord woes. Last year my landlord came by unannounced and chopped down all the trees (or maybe they are really large bushes) that lined the fence in the backyard. And did a really crappy job of it, leaving them looking awful, the wood lying all over the yard which wasn't picked up for weeks, and managed to trample my flower beds while doing it. I actually cried when I came home and saw it. Fortunately now things are nice again, but it can be very frustrating to put work into an outdoor space that isn't your own, when someone can just come along and wreck it like that. A lesson in impermanence, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We own our house and have still had problems with neighbors chopping down trees. The white mulberry tree they hacked down halfway up the trunk made me absolutely LIVID.

    In regards to the bum pain, can you get your hands on some St. John's Wort oil? Rub it into the area in question and let it work its magic. Some heat might do the trick too, but do not ice it.

    ReplyDelete