Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

A strange find,

While heading into the city to do errands just the other day, my husband spotted this through the window of our favorite antique store (I was busy ogling over a gourd rattle that was painted to look like a hare). He immediately said, "I'LL BUY THAT FOR YOU" all excited like. I wasn't about to say no! I'm glad he was with me, or I would have never even seen it.

Hecate plaque

Its a very strange piece. I still don't know exactly what to think of it!

Hekate has been a real driving force for me lately, in my dreams and things like finding that plaque. When my regular practice took a nose dive into almost non-existent a couple months ago, I was sure that she left me - of course it wasn't that way at all. It was me that walked away. Thankfully she has been very patient with me.

I'm currently in the process of making daily practice a habit, and it's going very well so far. I wont allow myself to check it off the goal list until I've been doing it regularly for at least a month or more. Heh, its amazing how much better I feel just getting it done, instead of thinking about doing it.

2 comments:

  1. That is a very interesting piece, I'd love to know the story behind it if you ever find out.

    "I was sure that she left me - of course it wasn't that way at all. It was me that walked away."

    This is how it often is. I can't count the number of times I've lamented Their silence when it was I who stopped listening. Then again, there are also the times when it was just that They had other things to take care of (it's not always about us), but usually when the practice fizzles, there's a resulting lack of contact, and then we wonder why....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually didn't even think of asking the owners of the place while we were buying it! I'm thinking it must be British in either origin or make because on top of the little sails is the Flag of England.

    Next time I head into the city I'll have to see if they have any info on it!

    ReplyDelete