Pages

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

On expectations, being honest with myself and the New Year

I never intended to update this blog on a regular basis, or have any sort of routine with it. Its something I'm feeling out over time. Something I'm trying to get comfortable with - moreover something I want to be comfortable with.

There, I said it. (That was a note to myself, not to those who may be reading this!)


I really kinda effed my end of the year observances. I didn't do anything during the month of December (except for Christmas, which is a very serious holiday for my husband - the holiday that he connects with his recently passed grandparents in the biggest of ways.) I will however be doing Hogmanay, preparations have already begun.

I'm still a baby at this, ya know? Its only been two and a half years since I watched that documentary on witchcraft, had flash backs of my attempt at tree worship when I was 16 - discovered by my extremely Christian parents - firmly scolded. Flashback over and realizing, "fuck, I'm 22 now! I live 2000+ miles away from them! I can be what I want!"

I do wish I had been a bit more dedicated during this past year, but I'm not going to waste my time with lamenting what I didn't do. Instead, with this strange vigor I picked up right after Christmas I will be gearing myself up for the New Year and setting goals for things I want to accomplish (Thank you Sarah for inspiration!)

Pertaining to all aspects of my life and in no particular order:
  • Sew clothing for myself
  • Get my very serious garden plans off the ground or rather, in the ground, heh. (weather permitting)
  • Learn to make homemade tempeh and tofu
  • Actually DO daily devotionals
  • Observe all personal High Days (aka: don't be a lazy bastard)
  • Make progress with trance work
  • Join local Mycological Society
  • Enroll in community college for a few classes to get feet wet to explore the possibility of majoring in history
  • Provided garden goes well, raw food diet for 2 months during summer (or as long as I can stand it, heh)
  • Talk to my grandmothers more often, write to them
  • Work more beneficial magic for my family
  • Comfortably and casually wear bold rusty-red lipstick
  • Make mead!
  • Obtain a divers license (tricky one, being I don't own a car)
  • Hike regularly in the deep forests east of me
  • Learn how to prioritize and manage my time better

That should do it. I may add or subtract from that list. I may have already mastered the wearing of bold lipstick causally.

Gotta fetch whiskey and start the non-
existent menu for
Hogmanay tomorrow! And, there is the cleaning. Greatly looking forward to making a huge racket when the clock strikes 12.

2 comments:

  1. It took me years to get up the courage to blog about my practice and experiences rather than just things I make. It's hard to share knowing people are actually reading!

    Great list, you reminded me I have other goals for the New Year, mostly magical. And yeah... I'm with you on the time management - big time.

    Happy New Year and I hope you have a wonderful Hogmanay celebration with your sweetie!

    Slainte!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's difficult blogging about it, for sure! It really helps me to be honest with myself, which is one of the reasons why I know I should continue with this little blog.

    I'm a horrible time waster and daydreamer, heh. To do lists and forcing myself into a morning routine have been tremendously helpful.

    Hope your New Year's was fantastic!

    ReplyDelete