Pages

Friday, November 26, 2010

Frost Moon,

The night of the last full moon had completely clear skies. Living in the Pacific Northwest, this is a very lucky thing indeed. Naturally I set a few items out on the deck to bask in the rare late fall moon light.



And I woke up to frost! Everywhere.

A day later we had snow, which is very odd for this time of year. The sun came out and brightened everything up with a mild glacial blue tone, which was wonderful because sometimes the dense dreariness out here really gets to me. I actually didn't really believe in seasonal affective disorder, until I moved here. Its not like, bad depression or anything, but a type of lethargy I cannot kick. All I wanna do is sleep, eat sweets, take hot baths and sit on my plump ass (<-- winter fat!). I do get a bit of storm cloud over my head too. Like, a feeling of impending doom, its something that really frustrates me because currently I have nothing that should be making me feel doomish! Life is pretty good right now and I know I don't really have anything to feel down about. So, I had the house all to myself a few days ago. I had a two week old headache, I found myself HIGHLY distracted from work, chills, the creeping doom ... the desire to sleep 14 hours a day, stagnation it was building to a bursting point and I was almost manic.

And then it hit me: Blue candle. Road opener. Clearing. Offering of that perfect mini banana bread loaf I had sitting on the counter. Do it. Now.



After I had finished, I cleaned up my business, straightened up the kitchen and minor bits of house work. The husband came home and I settled down for a nap. When I woke up - all of it was gone. The stagnation, the two week old headache, the doom, gone!

I still get all, "holy fucking shit!" over work like that. Simple, fast and highly effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment