Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

A rare spotting,

While walking home one evening from the park, I spotted this little patch of Indian Pipe under a birch tree, in a place I like to forage for boletes. I've never seen them before. I understand that they can be very rare, so I had to take pictures. I think they were towards the end of flowering, a few had been run over by slugs.

indianpipe3

indianpipe2

indianpipe1



raspberryharvest

The raspberries are in crazy productive mode. I can usually walk away with a quart a day! I'm thinking my first batch of mead will have to include some raspberries, there is just too many in my fridge and they need to be used!

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous photos! I always feel like a saw a beautiful ghost when I find Indian Pipe in the woods.

    Yay mead! Raspberry mead is super nummylicious! I highly recommend!

    ReplyDelete